In preparation for this evening's "Cooking Up Seduction" presentation with Chef Jenn, I created this list of tips and ideas for mindful eating for a healthy sex life.
Ten Commandments of Sex & Food
- Many fresh fruits are sensual and nutritious; choose 5 of different colors and create a fruit plate of foreplay.
- Eating small amounts of dark chocolate is not only pleasing to your taste buds, it also raises your body’s endorphins.
- Double the amount of time you usually spend eating a meal and chew each bite longer to truly experience the food.
- Pay attention to all five senses when you’re in the bedroom and be present to the pleasant sensations in the moment.
- Create your own aphrodisiacs – take turns once a week preparing or buying a meal or special food item that is all about pleasing your partner.
- Eat a rainbow of fresh vegetables regularly for the high fiber and vitamins and minerals. A healthy you can lead to a healthy sex drive.
- Spend 20 minutes eating an orange, alone or with a partner; be mindful of what it is like to make love to that orange.
- If you are going to indulge in foods that you think are guilty pleasures, don’t feel guilty and just enjoy the experience (and the pleasures).
- Never put sweet items in your vagina because the sugar can increase the chance of a bacterial infection.
- Avoid foods that make you feel bloated and sluggish (e.g., fried foods, refined carbohydrates, rich cream sauces, saturated fats, or excessive sugar) – it doesn’t feel sexy!
Sex Therapy & Relationship Counseling in San Diego